Thursday, August 04, 2005

Welcome to The Adventures of Clover (and Daddy)!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Hello, world!

I was born July 18th, 2005, at Toronto East General Hospital. All things considered, I'm told it was a relatively quick birth (Mom putting off going to the hospital for as long as possible having had something to do with it - she actually made a pot roast while in labour), although I have to be honest with you - not being in the womb sure is weird. And bright. After I've had more time to come to terms with this place, I'll tell you more about it.

Anyway, over the past few weeks I've been getting along with my parents for the most part... they're slowly getting the hang of my routine:

1) Demand to be fed
2) Feed
3) Fall asleep while feeding
4) Sleep
5) Wake
6) Soil myself
7) Demand a diaper change
8) Repeat.

...although that first night home from the hospital was kinda rough, especially on Dad. Within about 48 hours, though, he seemed to be getting it down. I dunno what his problem was - it's not like he had to give birth or get born or anything.

Aside from the odd chaffed butt, a congested nose, and this one time two weeks ago where my folks drove out to East Gwillimbury for a hike and had the nerve to interrupt my being fed in order to load me into my carrier and take me for a hike in the woods (this did not sit well with me), I'm pretty happy and can't really complain about much.

Last week some other family members came all the way from another country to visit me, and that was cool. I've been visited by my aunt, my ("cool") uncle, my cousin, two grandmothers, and a grandfather (some of whom, I understand, live upstairs). I don't really have who is who sorted out yet (I'm still getting the hang of this 'mom' and 'dad' and 'dog' thing), but I'm working on it.

Time for another weekend drive in my cool orange car seat. I'll have more to say later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!