Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Story of Barley



[As transcribed by Daddy]

All day long, I pointed at the television and asked to watch my favourite shows (Toupie, Franklin, Dragon, Pocoyo, etc.). So... Mommy and Daddy decided that I wasn't gonna be watching any television today.

After our weekly trip to the butcher's and my nap, Mommy and Daddy and Basil and I loaded up into the car and drove out to Brampton to find a nice place to go hiking, since the weather was so nice. We found a new trailhead out near Terra Cotta, got out of the car, and...

...we were then greeted by an injured (yet extremely friendly) lost hunting dog, which we named Barley - as pictured above. We were careful to make sure he didn't get any weird dog-germs on us, and he didn't seem to bother Basil one bit (and vice versa) but he was obviously tired, lost, hungry, and hurt. After about an hour of a hike into the woods and back,. we decided to try to find Barley's owners. His radio/shock collar had a phone number on it, but we don't own a phone. Right as we were about to leave, a truck filled with hunting dogs and Australian hunters found us, lucky for Barley. He was rescued! Good thing, because it was either that or we put him in the trunk and dropped him off at the nearest town.

Listening to: Spank Rock - Yoyoyoyoyo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!