Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Toenail Clipper Tantrum



[As transcribed by Daddy]

This morning I uttered some new words ('hair', 'ear', 'slipper'), scribbled on the wall with a pencil, I ate cereal off of the living room floor (with Basil), and got grumpy while Mommy tidied up the kitchen.

After my nap, Mommy and I went for a nice walk to Home Depot and the drug store. Things were relatively calm, but once we got home I decided I wanted to play with the toenail clippers (or something). Mommy wouldn't give them to me, so I threw a ridiculously overwrought tantrum... you know, the ones were I inhale deeply and my face turns purple (which I then hold for several seconds) before letting loose with a major wail. Anyway, during the 'inhale portion' of my tantrum, Mommy bailed on me and ran to the kitchen. Once I started screaming, she peeked in on me, only to found me lying on my back in my bedroom, yelling at the ceiling. She started laughing, and so I got quiet and gave her one of the dirtiest looks I could manage. Even the neighbours could her my retaliatory freak-out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!