Monday, November 27, 2006

Vacation 2006?



[As transcribed by Daddy]

I woke up pretty early this morning, and got really wound up and wired - really quickly. I was something of a handful during the day, and kinda drove my parents nuts. I refused to have a nap, despite Mommy and Daddy's best efforts (Daddy even tried to sing to me for the first time in months).

Mid-afternoon rolled around, and it was decided that perhaps I might fall asleep in the car. So, we left Basil behind and headed out in no specific direction, and sure enough, I was out like a light within minutes. When I woke, we were up around Hockley Valley, so we found a trailhead and went for a hike. Good thing - the warm weather and the moody atmosphere along with a great trail made for one of the best hikes any of us had ever had, even though it was only an hour long. We all felt refreshed, recharged, exercised, and while we hiked, I suddenly started spouting a whole bunch of new words ("puppy", "tree", "stick", "ham"). It felt like a mini-vacation!

It got pretty dark, so we headed home, only to get stuck in a horrible traffic jam on the way. I loathe traffic jams, and do my best to make it hard on everyone else, too.

Listening to: Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!