Monday, March 19, 2007

Crayoladectomy


[As transcribed by Daddy]

The day was pretty quiet and uneventful, which is a good thing, because this evening was quite the odd experience.

This morning we went for a chilly walk to buy some groceries - Mommy made a pretty good cake for tonight's dessert. After lunch and a lot of playing with Daddy, I had a late nap. I woke up and was so excited about the prospect of dinner with Gammy and Grandpa and Anisa and our friends Nick and Alice that I jammed a white Crayola Crayon up my nose and got it lodged up in there. Not that it seemed to really bother me in the slightest, mind you.

Once dinner was over and Mommy and Daddy's taxes were all finished, Telehealth Ontario finally got back to us (after several hours) and suggested my folks take me to the hospital (my very first visit to the Emergency Room!). We only had to wait for about an hour and a half in a little room before the doctor finally came and performed a Crayoladectomy (see image). That seemingly small chunk of crayon turned out to be huge! It was traumatic for me, but... in the long run - ain't it kinda funny? In the future we'll look back and laugh about the time I got a crayon stuck up my nose.


I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!