Saturday, March 31, 2007

Filling in the Blanks


[As transcribed by Daddy]

I had a nice day at home with Mommy today. We didn't do anything extra special - just some more reading, learning, singing and playing. In fact, some of my books aren't surviving my constant enjoyment. I'm still being a bit of a tantrummy ogre when it comes to having a nap, so Mommy's been falling asleep with me mid-afternoon for the past few days.

One thing my parents really seem to find adorable is how I will 'fill in the blanks' nowadays. For example, they'll read one of my books to me and leave certain words out and I'll complete the sentences. The same works with songs, rhymes ("This Little Piggy Went to Market", etc etc), and seems to be encouraging my active participation in reading. Yay for learning!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!