Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mommy's Magical Mandrill Moment


[As transcribed by Daddy]

This morning consisted of our regular Saturday trip to the organic butcher's, and then we did a little bit of shopping - Daddy bought a movie and some games at Best Buy, and Mommy bought a new cake plate at Linens N' Things.

After lunch, Mommy and Daddy drove me around until I fell asleep. When I woke up - we were at the Zoo! Yay! I was so excited to be there, seeing as how I've been asking to go for weeks. We saw the usual suspects (Tapir, Rhino, Orangutans, Gorillas), plus Zebras, Lions, and Elephants. I said 'buh-bye' to anyone and everyone.

The big moment came right before the Zoo closed. We visited the Mandrills on our way out, and one walked right up to the glass to meet us. He and Mommy had some weird emotional mind-meld episode, where they touched opposite sides of the glass and bonded. It was pretty amazing. Even the scary smaller Mandrill who angrily ran up to me and bared its teeth at me through the glass didn't ruin the moment.

Listening to: Soulwax - Any Minute Now


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!