Monday, April 30, 2007

Worm Collecting


[As transcribed by Daddy]

It was back to yardwork today. I helped Mommy, Daddy, and Gammy rake leaves, break sticks, uproot roots, collect yard waste, fix patios, dig holes, pick up paving stones, put them down again, all all that fun stuff. To keep me really entertained, Mommy filled my little bucket with soil and told me to go out and find worms. With Gammy's help, by the end of the morning I had something like thirty earthworms collected! Not bad, considering that four days ago I wouldn't even touch one.

After lunch, Mommy and Daddy and I drove out to the middle of nowhere and had a nice two-hour hike through the woods along a section of the Bruce Trail. The weather was perfect, and while it's looking as though the back-mounted baby carrier is something of a write-off, we all managed to have a great time.

I should mention that two honest-to-goodness deer were spotted in the back yard this morning. Here, in our extremely urban neighbourhood. Pretty amazing! As Aunt Wendy says "See what you find when you clean up your back yard?"

Listening to: Liam Lynch - Fake Songs


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!