Friday, June 29, 2007

Drove All Night


[As transcribed by Daddy on July 4th]

Mommy was pretty out of it for most of the day. She got ready to drive all the way to Nana's house by putting our clothes into suitcases, and I got ready by unpacking them all as fast as possible. I was distracted from that when we wrapped Gammy's birthday present - we got her some DVDs and I made her a nice card. Finally, after Daddy came home from work, I got to meet our new next-door neighbours (what happened to Richard and Lucie?). They were really nice, plus they have a pet snake, which I was kinda afraid of.

Anyway, we headed off for New Hampshire a little later than we planned... we weren't clear of the city until around 7:00 pm. I dozed a bit, but was wide awake when we crossed the border and didn't really fall asleep until we passed Syracuse. Mommy and Daddy managed to stay awake the whole time, but at around 3:00 in the morning Daddy finally had enough of driving and passed the reins over to Mommy. We got to Nana and Jim's place just after four in the morning. We all went to bed pretty quickly. Phew!

Listening to: BBC World Service


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!