Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Balloon Vulture Incident

[As transcribed by Daddy]

This morning it was quickly decided by Mommy and Daddy that we would give Nee-Nee a ride up North to Muskoka to visit her family ad save her the bus fare, and probably hit the big Snowball Festival in the meantime. The drive up was pretty quick (I napped on the way)... we were extremely happy to see and visit with Aunt Wendy and "Aunt Rodger", who fed us and lent me a bunch of toys to play with.

In the afternoon, Mommy and Daddy and I went over to the carnival, just in time to catch the last few minutes of it. We went on a hayride, met up with a family friend, and found a guy in the rec centre making balloon animals. We stood in the crowd of kids watching the guy make some pretty complicated stuff - I somehow managed to win the most complicated one (a balloon vulture) when "I" was able (in tandem with my Mommy, of course) to guess what it was he was making after 15 minutes of fruitless guesses by those already present. The crowd of kids and their parents seemed pretty let down and somewhat surly... we gout out of there, vulture in hand, before it could turn ugly. Pretty funny!

I did some quick tobogganing with Daddy back at the Nixons' (didn't care for it), and we all finished out visit and had a lovely dinner. What a nice day! The drive home was equally fast - I slept through the whole thing. Once we got home, getting me back to sleep was a real fight. As of midnight, I was finally asleep again.

Listening to: The The - Dusk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!