Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kellie's Birthday

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Today was the day of my parents' friend Kellie's birthday - man oh man, was I ever jazzed for the party. All day long, I kept asking about the party, eager to eat cake and sing happy birthday and stuff. Mommy and I had a quiet day - we made Kellie's birthday present, drew pictures, played on the computer, and made a tent our of furniture and blankets and stuff. The usual shenanigans. Last night I kinda burned my hand on some hot lasagna, and now it seems every time I eat lasagna, I convince myself that I somehow burned myself on it.

A snowstorm hit late in the afternoon - Mommy and Grandpa and I managed to take Basil to his vet's appointment anyway. Turns out Basil has a [very expensive] uncer on his eyeball. I wasn't there when the doctor held him down and shoved cotton swabs in his eyes - I was mercifully playing in the waiting room.

As the snowstorm got worse, we realized that it wasn't going to be possible to make it out to Kellie's birthday party. To prevent me from being too let down, Daddy braved the winter storm (on foot) and got a birthday cake for me to eat - but by then I was so exhausted from all the buildup that I asked to go to bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!