Sunday, June 15, 2008

One for the Books

[As transcribed by Daddy]

First thing this morning, I had a major tantrum and meltdown (I don't even remember what it was about) which woke up the whole household AND the neighbours, it was so loud. No small feat! My folks were worried the rest of the day would only get worse from there, but not as such...

...we went to the chiropractor's, which was nice. We got some lunch from the grocery store on the way home, and had a picnic on the living room floor. More California Rolls and Marshmallow Salad for me, please!

To get in enough Daddy time before he's off to France tomorrow, Mommy and Basil joined Evan and I on a long drive out to York Regional Forest. The mosquitos were INTENSE (not for Mommy, apparently), but we had a great hike - until we decided to take a few detours, which got us completely and utterly lost. And thirsty. And tired. And confused. And agitated (if you hate mosquitos as much as Daddy). It got so bad, Basil started eating MUD. Anyway, Daddy emptied the batteries out of the camera and put them in our old GPS, which helped us find our way out. We were exhausted, thirsty, bug-bitten, somewhat injured, and happy to be heading home. At the end of the day, my parents are stunned and shocked that I kept it together and despite slowing down almost completely, I never lost my cool, complained, or stopped altogether. That three-hour hike sure was one for the books.

I'm gonna sleep well tonight! Anyway, over the next week Daddy will be in Cannes, so in the meantime, I think Mommy's gonna take a shot at keeping the blog. If not, Daddy will get to it when he gets back!

Listening to: My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!