Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Party '08

[As transcribed by Daddy]

We were all up early this morning, with lots of work to do before my party - cleaning, tidying, and more food prep. Julie & Sara & Steve and James were first to arrive, quickly followed by Corrin and Arlynn and Jason and Zoe, followed immediately by Leslie, after which Gammy and Grandpa and Nee Nee joined us all. It was a blast - me and the other kids had an egg hunt, played in my pool, ran around, did some dancing, and ate lunch! Delicious! It started raining (2nd birthday party in a row), so we moved inside for birthday cupcakes and presents. I got lots of loot - a homemeade puppet theatre, clothes, art stuff, and toys... it was a little overwhelming, and I got so wrapped up in the first stuff I opened, I forgot all about the other presents still waiting for me.

We took the party outside again, and eventually it was time for everyone to head off. Leslie stuck around, and went to Old Navy with my folks and I to help Mommy buy some new clothes. We came home and finished off lunch leftovers for dinner - and I had a great webchat with Uncle Ed, Aunt Diane, cousins Robin, Nevi and Skye!

Somehow, Mommy got me to bed - I woke up in the middle of the night, only to discover that my parents had gone to a movie. I read some books with Gammy until my parents returned - but by then I was wide awake and ready to party!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to one whirlwind of a great day!

Listening to: The Hold Steady - Stay Positive


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!