Saturday, July 19, 2008

Three Years Old!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Although my party isn't until tomorrow, my birthday got off to a sweet start - Mommy and Daddy gave me a new toy crocodile (alligator?) which I named 'Blueberry' this morning. After that... I was kinda left to my own devices as Mommy worked like a maniac to get things ready for tomorrow! She baked bread, made cupcakes and candy, dyed eggs, made salads and lemonade, mowed the lawn, tidied the house, and actually managed to fasten our shaky bookcase to the wall - something that we've needed to get done for years!

In the meantime, I gleefully sang Happy Birthday to myself a bunch of times, talked to Aunt Trina and Uncle Gareth and Nana and Papa on the phone, and played with my toys. After Daddy came home from work, we took Mommy and I out to the restaurant of my choice - I wanted California Rolls, so we went out for Japanese. The nice waitress even brought me my green tea ice cream with a single candle in it and quietly sang Happy Birthday to me in very broken English.

As Daddy writes this blog entry, Mommy is in her sewing room, making me presents like some sort of present-making zombie. People had better show up tomorrow!

Listening to: The Who - Tommy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!