Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let's go to the Ex!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Right before noon today, Mommy and I headed off to the fair (the Annual Canadian National Exhibition, to be specific). On the way, we passed a lovely traffic cop, whose ear I talked off (my anticipation of cotton candy and fairground games was palpable).

As soon as we got off of the streetcar downtown (and before we even hit the fairgrounds) I started on about how much I love the fair! We grabbed some terrible carnival pizza, breezed through the "boring" Arts & Crafts building, and hit the Kid's Midway - I rode on the merry-go-round, some little swings, and I went on the Ferris Wheel with Mommy. I had a blast!

I was pretty amazing with the carnival games - and won cheap carny prize after cheap carny prize (and I love them all). I was shockingly good at basketball, in fact, and really took to playing with the lego, maracas, and steel drums in the "Kid's Street" area. We hit the playground, saw a puppet parade, and made the requisite visit to the petting zoo, where I saw some pigs, sheep, lambs, a goat, horses, and all of that other stuff which is nowhere near as interesting as cotton candy or carnival games.

For dinner, I asked a vendor for a hot dog in nary a whisper. When asked to speak up, I shouted "CAN I HAVE A HOT DOG PLEASE" really loud, making everyone within earshot laugh. I also got some french fries and a chicken hat.

Then it was back to the midway for one last ride on the swings, some more games, and cotton candy. After that, we checked out and somehow staggered home (thanks for the ride, Grandpa), entirely missing the "History of the Toilet" exhibit.

What an extraordinarily fun day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!