Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Virginia is for Clovers

[As transcribed by Daddy]

My parents had the nerve to wake me up at four in the morning, throw me in the car, and drive me down the QEW to Buffalo in sleet and rain. At first I was very opposed to leaving, but the prospect of air travel became increasingly appealing. Mommy and I bid adieu to Daddy and boarded a plane for Charlotte just as the sun was coming up.

The flight was alright - I sang Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer on a continual loop until I had "adopted" several new nearby grandparents, but I suffered from some ear-pressure pain and was a bit complainy. Believe it or not, we arrived in North Carolina before Daddy had made it back to Toronto from the Buffalo airport.

Our connecting flight from Charlotte to Roanoke was incredibly turbulent, but I absolutely loved it! Cousin Zoe picked us up from the airport and took us to Aunt Trina's house - when Papa arrived, I was insanely shy and nervous around him and wouldn't come out of hiding. On his way to the corner store he asked if we wanted anything - from my hiding spot, I called out that I wanted a bouncy ball.

Papa drove for almost twenty miles to the nearest vending machine and bought me a 25 cent rubber ball, and then brought it back to me. By then, I was totally his friend.

Nana and Jim and Charlie are here, too! It's great! Emotionally draining and exhausting, but, you know, great.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!