Monday, December 29, 2008

5 Hours in Emergency

[As transcribed by Daddy]

I had a kinda rough night last night - didn't sleep well, there was a whole lot of noise inside and outside, plus I had to pee a lot. I was in bed with my folks pretty early, which prompted them to get their act in gear and get out of bed and into the supermarket quickly.

After a quick visit with Aunt Wendy (whose clan inhabited Gammy and Grandpa's place while they're in You Nork), we went to the aforementioned supermarket through gale-force winds and brought back an enormous amount of food.

After lunch, I was a bit antsy and whiny - my parents got me to lie down for a few minutes, and before we knew it we had all had a lengthy nap. When I woke up, it was clear to everyone that I had a slight urinary tract infection (I don't need to paint you a picture). So, being a Sunday afternoon over the Christmas holidays, they had no choice but to pack a bunch of books and take me to the ridiculously busy emergency room at the local hospital.

All things considered, I was a good girl as we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited for five hours before being discharged. We picked up my antibiotics on the way home... I was such a good girl that Mommy humored my request for a spaghetti dinner, despite the fact that it was after midnight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!