Sunday, January 04, 2009

Gaza Protests

[As transcribed by Daddy]

I joined my folks in bed last night, sending Daddy to the couch - when Mommy and Basil and I woke up, we just kinda let him lie there and went about our day as he slept amidst all the noise. Eventually he woke up and was on tenterhooks for some exciting (to him only) news.

Mommy had a pretty bad headache - so Daddy decided to take me downtown to give her the afternoon off. When we emerged from the subway system, however, we ended up smack dab in the middle of two really large, loud, and somewhat angry dueling protest marches. There were cops on horses and everything. I didn't seem too scared, but Daddy ushered me outta there anyway. I don't really understand the politics involved, but I guess the shouting kids my age participating on either side of the protests do...

Daddy and I went to the bookstore, where I fell asleep on his lap as he read to me. We looked in a few other stores downtown before heading home. I can't say I had the best time, but it was alright.

We had a quiet evening - I asked to go to bed a little bit early. That's always a nice treat for my folks... Mommy's headache was on its way out as I fell asleep, coincidentally.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!