Monday, March 09, 2009

Daylight Savings Surprise

[As transcribed by Daddy]

After Daddy woke up, we all took a nice afternoon walk to the toy store... unfortunately, it was closed. So... we walked back home, got in the car, and drove to a faraway toy store in Richmond Hill. I was happy to be there and had a great time playing with all the stuff and the other kids - but my folks were WAY more excited to find a Panera's location north of the American border (even if they didn't have hazelnut cream cheese).

Next we went to a nearby bookstore, which was pretty crappy - I almost dislocated Daddy's finger at one point. Oops! I slept in the car as my folks drove back into the city and stopped at the butcher, and was in a pretty rough mood when I woke up. Playing racecars with Daddy seemed to cheer me up, as did the awesome ham Mommy cooked for dinner (and wheat-free cornbread muffins!).

There at the end of the day, we were all stunned to discover that daylight savings was upon us (none of us had any clue) and that it was my bedtime. Needless to say, after my long nap in the afternoon, I was not in the mood to sleep.

Listening to: Neko Case - Middle Cyclone


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!