Monday, April 27, 2009

My First Bike!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

I did a lot of playing this morning - the clouds and rain had rolled in, leaving a big gray sky. It looked like it was gonna rain at any minute, so our plans to either go hiking or go for a bike ride (too chilly!) were dashed. To make up for it, we all went over to Swiss Chalet for lunch, and ate waaaaay too much greasy food. I enjoyed it, but my parents walked outta there feeling pretty queasy.

We decided to gather our intestinal fortitude and brave the local Wal-Mart, so that my folks could make good on yesterday's promise to buy me my first bike. I don't have to tell you how much of a zoo it was, and how it became virtually impossible to find a sales rep to get us the bike we wanted (which didn't have a seat, so we got a runner-up). Once we got home, I had a fun bike ride!

Mommy and Daddy did the grocery shopping while I visited Gammy and Grandpa... I really missed my parents, though. When they came back, we had a lovely, fancy dinner and watched some funny TV shows.

Listening to: Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe


1 Comments:

Blogger MarissaDW said...

Isn't it great to have your first bike. Nothing like seeing the excitement on a kid's face. Aidan is enjoying his bike too.

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!