Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pickling Cucumbers

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Mommy and Daddy woke me up really early this morning so that we could all drive across the border to Buffalo. Daddy made me a CD of my favourite songs, and we listened to that - once we made it to the airport, Mommy and I rushed to catch our plane and bid a quick goodbye to Daddy.

My ears hurt on the first flight, but the second flight was over so quickly I barely had enough time to take off my coat. Papa and Mrs. Richardson greeted us in South Carolina, and I just started yammering and didn't stop until I went to bed at the end of the day! They took Mommy and I to a buffet for lunch, and then we went to Mrs. Richardson's house, where I was re-united with her swing.

Papa took us over to Deena's house, where I met her horses Flynn, Polly, and Prancy, and then Deena took us for a ride on her golf cart! Next, we went to the home of a lady named Joyce, who had a garden full of pickling cucumbers. The sight of me walking around with a cucumber in one hand and a shaker of salt in the other, munching away, was priceless.

Before bed, we hit the local grocery store for some wheat-free food, had a sandwich for dinner, and fell asleep during a warm summer thunderstorm.

Listening to: Cheap Trick - In Color


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!