Monday, July 06, 2009

Brooklyn Popsicle

[As transcribed by Daddy on July 8th]

Once again, I was up and at 'em first, and kinda woke everyone up. Once my family was mobile, Gareth took us to a nice brunch restaurant where I had some delicious fried grits! I hope to have them again. Then we took the subway back to DUMBO, where we walked around until we found the Brooklyn Flea Market under the Brooklyn Bridge. While Mommy looked around, Cool Uncle Gareth bought me a popsicle that by all accounts was a major highlight of the trip to New York!

We all walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and took the subway to Union Square. We went to a comic book store where I got a Batman toy, and then we all went to a great bookstore where I got lots of good books! Daddy's big record store was closed, so we walked to Washington Square where I played in the playground - then we walked to Mommy's all-time favourite fabric store.

Throughout all this, my mood was very up and down and complainy, and I was quite prone to crying fits and whininess. So... cool Uncle Gareth bought some scallops and we took the subway back to his place where I refused to eat them. Oh well. My parents thought they were good.

After a visit from Gareth's friend Kate, I went to bed -- and am sad that we'll have to leave Cool Uncle Gareth as we go home tomorrow!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!