Sunday, July 19, 2009

Four Years Old!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Well, it happened - I turned four. Luckily, it doesn't feel that much different from the experience of being three for a year. So, with that out of the way, I had a fantastic day! I started with presents from Mommy and Daddy in the morning (Playmobil stuff, books, and an awesome new doll named Annabell), and some phone calls from Nana, Papa, and Cool Uncle Gareth.

People started arriving for my party at around eleven... Gammy and Grandpa first, followed by Julie and Steve and Sarah and James, and then Kristin and Jim and Renee, and then Lisa and Matt and Leo! All my friends! It was great! There were more presents (including a special 40,000,000-year-old fossil from Kristin) and LOADS OF FOOD from Mommy. She made me a cool pink dinosaur cake, ice cream, there was a sushi platter, and Basil even got to sneak a huge plateful of James' macaroni and cheese! We played fun games (see photo) and had a blast... it was most definitely the best birthday I've ever had.

When Lisa and Leo and Julie and Sarah and Steve and James left I started getting sad - luckily Kristin and Renee and Jim and I played with my toys in my room and stuff. I made up a graveyard game, where some of my toys had a funeral (Cinnamon Bunny stood in for Michael Jackson). Ferny the parasaurolophus presided over the proceedings... it was a lovely ceremony (and hilarious to Daddy). After a quick game of Rock Band, the last of the guests left my party, and I played with all my new loot.

Mommy crashed in the afternoon - Daddy and I played 'bad mitten' outside and did lots of drawing together - I helped him get started on this year's new blog design! We had leftovers for dinner, more presents from Nee-Nee, and I guarantee that we will all sleep really well tonight.

Phew!

Listening to: The Beatles - Abbey Road


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!