Friday, July 17, 2009

Requiem for a 3-Year-Old

[As transcribed by Daddy]

This morning Mommy asked me to clean my room - after putting up quite a fuss, I did a pretty pathetic job... I just kinda stuffed everything I could find under the bed, behind the bed, and in any other available nook or cranny. Mommy was pretty annoyed by this and ended up doing it herself... and as she did I whined and complained. She was so upset that she almost canceled my party on Saturday!

Anyway, after lunch the two of us walked over to the toy store to spend the money Aunt Marion sent me for my birthday. I had a REALLY hard time choosing something, but finally settled on some Playmobil stuff (not a dinosaur!). After Daddy came home from work, he and Mommy had to covertly scope out some other birthday presents... so I went over to Gammy's and (1) helped her make dinner and then (2) helped her eat dinner.

After my folks came home (only to find me showing off my toys to Gammy and Grandpa and Nee-Nee in my room), I joined them for a second dinner, snuggled and played with Daddy, and got kinda sad at bedtime - because tomorrow's the last time I'll ever be a three year-old.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!