Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Being Sick Sucks

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Last night was tough. I tried to sleep with my parents, but my horrible cold kept me awake and fidgety... so nobody really slept very well. I woke up reeeaalllly early and hung out while my parents tried to sleep in - I even went and visited with my Grandparents and stuff. Unfortunately, my cold is even worse than it was before, so once again Mommy had to call school and tell them I wouldn't be in.

I was alternately adorable and tragically heartbreaking with my illness. My froggy voice and sore throat made me sound cute and vulnerable... for the first time in my life, I've realized that being sick really really really sucks. I was feeling so down and bored and miserable and ill that I spontaneously started crying when Mommy told me she couldn't automatically make it all better.

Daddy was out at an important interview today, so I vegged out on the couch and watched a movie, and really fought off sleep. we played a new video game when he came home, and then after dinner I nibbled on some dinner, some apple pie, and then had a nice bath before struggling to fall asleep again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!