Monday, October 12, 2009

The Customary Thanksgiving Daddy/Daughter Day

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Mommy got to work on Thanksgiving dinner today - she finished a pie, a cake, the world's biggest turkey, some cornbread stuffing, gravy, and her delicious cranberry sauce. Meanwhile, I helped Gammy and Aunt Wendy prepare beans, carrots, and steamed Brussels Sprouts - which I gave names to and pretended were having a lovely sauna.

After lunch, Daddy and I had our customary Thanksgiving Daddy/Daughter day - we drove over to the mall, where Daddy bought thank-you cards (to distribute at work on Friday) and some bubble tea, which we both enjoyed. Next, we drove over to Nee-Nee's bookstore, where we read a few books and picked up some others, and then we drove over to the cool record store downtown, where Daddy got some CDs.

Soon after we got home, Lisa and Leo and Matt came over - Leo and I played and ran around while our parents' visited. Then we all went over to Gammy and Grandpa's and had a fantastic thanksgiving dinner with our families and the Nixons! I was really sad when Leo went home, and hope I can visit again soon.

Listening to: Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!