Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Altoona

[As transcribed by Daddy]

We all had a rough night last night - head colds, clogged sinuses, coughs, and scratchy throats. None of us slept all that well... but I did sleep in a little bit.

Mommy and I prepared and packed for our big Christmas trip... she gave me lots of time to process that we were going to be in the car for a loooong time. Daddy got home from work (sick as a dog) after lunch - we ate and then loaded up the rental car with all of our gear.

The drive out was okay... we were stuck in Toronto traffic for hours, which was terribly boring. The sun hitting us in the face made us sleepy, including the driver (Daddy) who I became very concerned with - I kept telling him not to crash, because crashing would make the car rental company very upset with him. Daddy also now knows that driving up and down and in and around the Allegheny mountains with a screaming sinus headache is a TERRIBLE THING.

Basil and I were great kids on the trip, and didn't complain much. I napped on and off, and ate a fancy packed dinner. We arrived at the Super 8 Motel in Altoona late in the evening - I fell asleep, and Basil threw up on the carpet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!