Friday, January 01, 2010

The Queen of New Year's Eve

[As transcribed by Daddy]

I had a nice morning today - I hung out with my grandparents, played some video games, and ate some delicious gluten-free oatmeal. I had some delicious leftovers at lunch, and watched Daddy play some video games - I visited briefly with Cool Uncle Gareth, played endlessly with my Whoopee Cushion, and then Mommy and Daddy and I had to go and run a few errands.

We picked up some groceries for tomorrow's big dinner over at the Big Carrot, drove back, and I splashed in the rain with my new boots. Mommy and Daddy re-explained the concept of New Year's Eve, so I decided to put on a big gown, my tiara, and as many decorative necklaces I could find - not to mention a pair of Gammy's shoes - so that I could become 'The Queen of New Year's Eve'.

Mommy and Daddy and I went over to Lisa and Matt's place for dinner, which was lovely ... I played with Leo and his friend Avery. It was fun for all of the parents to see how late us kids could stay up before things got too "Lord of the Flies'-ish. They ended up doing a fakeout New Year's countdown just after 10 before we went home. Happy New Year!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!