Sunday, March 14, 2010

Decorative Canine Adrenal Gland Cake

[As transcribed by Daddy]

The wind and rain were pretty heavy outside today, making it virtually impossible to go outside. Luckily, Daddy had a big project to do today - he had to make Mommy's birthday cake. We all went to the supermarket, braving the elements to get baking ingredients, and then came home and got to work.

See the above photo - first, he made the fondant, then the cake mix, then he baked the cakes, then he iced everything and applied the filling, draped it with the fondant, decorated the fondant, and painted it. It was ugly - the world's very first decorative cake in the form of a canine adrenal gland - but I absolutely loved eating it. Daddy's first ever baking project was really weird, but also funny and successful.

I stayed up a little extra late to eat it, which meant my emotional capacity was stretched to the limit. I was so worried that Nee-Nee was gonna think the cake looked gross that I had a bit of a meltdown when she joined us for a slice. I got over it when I realized she thought it was cool. Weird, but cool.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Found your picture of the cake and hope that you won't mind me borrowing it for my lecture about canine adrenal disease =)
Thanks,
Fiona

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!