Friday, March 05, 2010

The Primate Misunderstanding

[As transcribed by Daddy]

I used the computer, drew an awesome drawing on my easel, and watched a little bit of television today before going to school (with a weird snack request: a whole, unsalted cucumber). My friend Grace was in a bad mood today - I recognized this and tried to be her friend, but she wasn't really into it. Poor thing.

After I got home from school, Mommy went back there to have a conference with Mrs. Bartlett - you know, get the human, non-mechanical of my report card. She had nothing but good things to say, and replayed a cute story... apparently earlier last week I made a friend mad by calling her a 'monkey'. Mrs. Bartlett explained that I was TRYING to tell my friend that we were all (as in all humans) were primates and last of the 'great apes' but my friend just thought I was calling her and her family 'monkeys'.

It's nice to discover that that school drama is simply due to the fact that I'm more of an intellectual compared to the other four-year-olds.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!