Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reading to my Toys

[As transcribed by Daddy]

We had lots of plans today - hiking, traveling, driving through the province, hitting the Bruce trail - unfortunately, Basil got kinda sick and Mommy decided we all needed to focus on tackling housework instead.

After lunch, we tried to make the best of the day and drove out to Halton Hills to hit a Bruce side trail. It was muddy and mucky (and even a little icy in places) and Basil was pretty slow-going, so we only hiked for about 45 minutes before heading home. By the time we got home, Daddy's back had seized up (from his marathon saunter the other day) and the sniffle I gave had turned onto a full-on head cold. I swear, Mommy and Daddy have been sick more times since I started kindergarten then they have in their entire lives.

I played in my room (I even read 'Captain Underpants' to Cinnamon Bunny and Annabelle) and let Daddy snooze on the couch while we waited for dinner, which I eventually finished in order to help finish off the remainder of the Adrenal Gland Cake.

We came home and then headed back out to do the grocery shopping. Unfortunately, Daddy was running on very little food - and we all know what happens when you start grocery shopping on an empty stomach. That's right - you empty out the entire grocery store. I had a bath before bed, too.

Listening to: Pavement - Quarantine The Past


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!