Monday, March 29, 2010

Rube Goldberg Machines

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Daddy was asleep when I spontaneously started helping Mommy with the spring cleaning... he missed a great photo opportunity the time I started washing the windows in the living room. Oh well!

Basil had something of a better day today - his breathing was a little easier to listen to, and he seemed slightly less uncomfortable. Slightly. After lunch today, we watched a movie on TV and then drove down to the beaches - we went to the butcher, got some coffee, and then walked over to the kid's bookstore. While I looked at toys and stuff, my folks looked for suitable kids books about grief and dealing with death.

We all had a nice afternoon - there was more spring cleaning, some video games, and a lot of playing in my room, where I constructed several very complicated Rube Goldberg machines out of Tinkertoys.

Also, Kristen sent through the fruits of her clinical interview assignment (on the topic of friendship) with me. Here's a selection:

K: So when you meet people do you have a feeling that you’ll be friends with them for a long time or little time?
C: For a long time I had that feeling, for like 800 years.
K: So what you mean-
C: Let me tell you something-
K: Yeah?
C: I can count to like 100.
K: What? That’s awesome.
C: Claire can count to 1000.
K: Claire? Do you think so?
C: Yes. She counts to 1000, 100 times.


Listening to: Greenberg - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!