Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Missing Basil


Basil Memorial
Originally uploaded by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy]

Needless to say, today we all missed Basil. We all slept really well, but we all also dreamed of the little guy, as though he was still right here with us, smiling like a bog goofy doofus. Every little thing reminds us of him... clumps of hair in the washing machine lint trap, his dog dishes, bits of kibble scattered in the kitchen... it's very hard. I've known him my whole life. I keep imagining that he's kissing my face, which makes me giggle, and makes me feel better.

Mommy, who spent most of the day struggling to write the email letting people know that Basil was gone, was still able to get me to school today, which was a bit touch-and-go... I was sad about my doggie, and also had some difficult time with my adversary at school. I can't say I'm in the mood to put up with it.

Mommy and Daddy picked me up from school (Daddy is trying to give Mommy as much company as possible) and we started work in the back yard for a nice little 'memorial park' for Basil around his grave site. Yard work makes us feel better, and so did a few games of badminton.

Ray sent my folks a nice little video about Basil (see above) using footage from a movie he shot with Daddy last summer. It made us all cry.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!