Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Last Day With Basil

[As transcribed by Daddy]

It was something a of a somber day today - Daddy and Grandpa finished digging the big hole in the back yard, and I know it's for Basil, who we're gonna put to sleep tomorrow. I'm sad about it, and have prepared some things to say when we bury him. Mommy and Daddy and I tried to spend as much time with him as possible - we sat outside with him, and Daddy napped with him through the afternoon.

I took my bike out for a spin today - Mommy and Daddy and I went over to the local florist, where we picked up some lovely daisies to put on Basil's grave tomorrow. We got ice cream and popsicles too, and sat out on the front lawn in the sun and ate them.

Dinner was nice, and my folks marveled at the drawings I did today - careful reproductions of the awesome pictures Jim and Daddy and Kristin and Mommy made last night (only WAY funnier).

Tomorrow will be a hard day, but we're all going to get through it. The steroids Basil has been taking have almost masked all of his symptoms, making it much harder for us... but we're glad that his last few days will be slightly more comfortable. Unfortunately his hearing is completely gone - but we still decided to throw a spontaneous "birthday party" for him to make him wag his tail (even though it wasn't his birthday).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!