Thursday, April 08, 2010

Reading to the Class

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Basil was in rough shape this morning - I went to school, and Mommy took him to the vet with Grandpa's assistance (so that we could get him into the car, out of the car, into the vet's waiting room, and into the vet's office). They did another x-ray, which unfortunately showed that his lungs are in even worse shape. They gave him an antibiotics shot, a steroid injection, and basically the decision was made to hopefully let him enjoy the next few days as much as possible.

Meanwhile, at school, I was asked to read a book in front of the class! Some of the other kids had the same opportunity, but they were either too shy or they forgot the words. Not me, though - I confidently stood up in front of class and read a book! Mrs. Macintosh told Mommy about it afterwards, and about how proud everyone was.

Daddy came home from work a bit early, by which time Basil's steroid injection was starting to kick in... not only did he climb the stairs all on his own, but we saw him wag his tail at Gammy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!