Sunday, June 20, 2010

Formal Strawberry Picking

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Mommy and I let Daddy sleep in a bit this morning (since he probably won't be able to on Father's Day) - I visited with the Nixons and my grandparents and had breakfast and stuff.

After we had some lunch, Daddy drove Mommy and I back to the strawberry patch - but first he dressed formally (in a black shirt and a green tie) like I told him to. Oddly enough, nobody out there seemed to think it was weird. I think he kinda liked it, actually. Of course I left my bottle of orange juice out in the field, so Daddy had to go back out there once we were done to look for it.

We drove home, ran a few errands on the way, and got ready for the arrival of Robin and Brian and Nevi and Skye and Willow. Once they turned up, they joined us all plus the Nixons for a massive dinner with ribs and chicken and salad and mac and cheese and strawberries and all kinds of goodies.

I played with my cousins in the back yard, and then it was time for bed - I tried to camp out in a tent with Robin and Skye and Willow but it was too hot. We ended up sleeping in my room - but not until ten at night!

Listening to: Free Energy - Stuck on Nothing


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!