Monday, July 19, 2010

Five Years Old!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

As Kristin put it today - I woke up having revolved around the sun five times. Yay! I put on the special party dress (with crown and wand) that Mommy made for me and helped my folks finish tidying and prepping for my party, which got started at 11:30 sharp... Clare and her Mom arrived, followed by Lisa and Leo, Julie and Sarah and James, Cheyenne and her Mommy, and then Gammy and Grandpa and Nee-Nee.

We played in my wading pool, made party hats, had an inventive game of croquet out on the yard, ate lunch and a fantastic birthday cake, I opened lots and lots of presents, talked to various distant family members over the phone, and had a cool scavenger hunt, too. It was great to have all of my friends over, and I'm really thankful for all the fantastic gifts from everyone. Lessons learned - crafts at a kid's party is a great idea, but next time we'll not include glitter. Also, croquet mallets at a party with little kids could have been disastrous. Luckily, nobody lost an eye or received a concussion.

Mommy and Daddy crashed pretty hard once everyone was gone - I happily played with my new toys and read my new books and stuff. To perk ourselves up we went on a coffee run in the afternoon and watered the garden - then Kristen came over with presents from her trip down the Amazon for me. We ate pizza, and then I went to bed... ready to get a good start to my sixth year.

Thanks again to German artist Tanja Lengler who made the above oil painting of me - completely out of the blue! And on my birthday!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!