Monday, July 26, 2010

Julia's Journey

[As transcribed by Daddy]

My goodness, were we ever up early - 5:30 a.m., to be exact... Mommy and Daddy and I drove down to Welland Ontario for the 8:00 a.m. start for Julia's Journey, the 5k run our friend Lisa set up to honour her niece Julia, who passed away due to leukemia last year. We had a really good time - after the first tenth of the walk I got tired and wanted to stop, but it picked up, and I ended up really enjoying myself. We finished in almost exactly one hour!

Afterwards, I played with Leo in the park and then we were honoured to have Lisa ask us to join her and her friends at a local tavern in Welland for brunch, which was pretty good.

We had a pretty long drive home - after a quick stop in Grimsby (which gets points deducted for dullness), we drove through Stony Creek and Hamilton... finally arriving at Halton Hills, where we hit up Andrews Scenic Acres to do some blueberry picking. Everything was going really fantastically well until Daddy got attacked (and stung multiple times) by a swarm of wasps. Whatever, we had to admit - it was pretty funny.

I snoozed on the drive home, where Gammy fed us some leftover snacks from the big work get-together thing she had while we were gone. Would you believe I got to stay up past my bedtime to watch television tonight?!

Listening to: Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!