Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pickable Me

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Today was going pretty smoothly - Mommy and I went to the local farmer's market and picked up a bunch of veggies and stuff. However, on the way home, I stepped off of the bus and scraped my knee. It's not like my kneecap fell off, but it was a big scrape (a right of passage for a kid). I FREAKED OUT. I didn't stop crying for, like, 30 minutes!

Once I stopped crying, I downgraded my state of alarm to a permanent sob for several hours. Luckily Gammy and Grandpa arrived to take me out for dinner and a movie (one of my birthday presents), which I was pretty excited about. We saw Despicable Me - Gammy explained what the word 'Despicable' meant (I had been calling it 'The Pickle Movie') and I was happy to see the main character go from being despicable to 'pickable'.

After the movie, Gammy and Grandpa and I went out for sushi - we had a really nice time. According to them I was really well behaved (if not a little worried about my scraped knee). Once we got home, I went right back to sobbing and whining about my knee.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!