Sunday, August 08, 2010

Back In A New York Groove

[As transcribed by Daddy on August 15th]

We left Scranton at a relatively decent hour and headed South on highway 81 until we found a decent restaurant for some breakfast. We hit some ridiculously major traffic at the Delaware Water Gap... not sure what happened, but we were at a standstill for over an hour. I didn't mind much - I enjoyed listening to Car Talk on NPR, much to my parents' surprise.

Despite horrible left-lane drivers in New Jersey, we made our way to the Lincoln Tunnel and crossed into Manhattan. Due to some street labeling issues, we got somewhat lost(ish) in NYC, but Mommy navigated us right through the heart of the city, and we made it to Cool Uncle Gareth's place relatively easily.

We went to a nice cafe for brunch (in the middle of the afternoon) - everyone loved my watermelon and feta salad (with a side of bacon) except for me. We went to the Lego Store at Rockefeller Center, the Nintendo Museum, Central Park, and then to FAO Schwartz. We were all pretty wiped out by then and stumbled (on packed subways) back to Greenpoint, where I had a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner and struggled to fall asleep on Uncle Gareth's couch.

Man, did we ever do a lot today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!