Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Dunes of Cape Cod

[As transcribed by Daddy on August 15th]

I was up pretty early today, and ready to get going. Mommy and Daddy joined me - they drove me over to a nice little breakfast place, where the only thing any of us really seemed to enjoy was the corned beef hash they erroneously brought Mommy.

Next we drove over to the mall of Cape Cod, where we got some odds and ends, including goggles, a bathing suit for Mommy, CDs for Daddy, and the odd toiletry. We stopped off back at our hotel room, and then drove over to Sandy Neck Beach in Sandwich. I was as happy as a clam to play in the freezing cold ocean - Mommy and Daddy and I did some sunbathing and made a pretty awesome sand castle. We were out there for a few hours, which explains the sunburns my folks have (never ask Daddy to apply your suntan lotion).

We had a quick lunch in Sandwich, and then turned right around and drove back to the beach for a hike. As is customary with our vacation hikes, we completely underestimated how hard it would be hiking large sand dunes without extra water. Mommy and Daddy were worried about me overheating and passing out, so we rushed back to the car and got a big popsicle into me.

After we nursed our sunburns, we headed back into Hyannis for a walk along main street. We got some odds and ends, some Taffy for Zoe, I got to go for a ride on a carousel, and then we went for a fantastic Tapas dinner. Considering that we were still digesting breakfast, that's pretty impressive.

We tried to get some sleep while a bunch of Germans had a party outside our room.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!