Monday, August 09, 2010

Haley and the Aftermath

[As transcribed by Daddy on August 15th]

I must've sept well or something last night, because today was a busy one - and I kept it together! As soon as we all got ourselves in gear, Cool Uncle Gareth took Mommy and Daddy and I out for coffee and then over to a really awesome rooftop vegetable farm, with bunnies and chickens and stuff!

Next we took the subway downtown to the Lower East Side, where we met up with Daddy's friend Haley, who took us all out to brunch. Haley was cool, and I took to her immediately... we both love unicorns. Cool Uncle Gareth had stuff to do, so Haley took my parents and I over to Soho for gluten-free cupcakes, and then we went to two really cool stores, Pearl River and Purl.

After a stop at Anthropologie, we took the subway uptown to Union Square - we got toys at the comic book store and books at the Strand! Then we walked over to Greenwich Village, where we found a nice hidden playground. I met some kids (Cathy, Cameron, and someone called either "Daphne", "Aquabat" or "Aftermath") and we played for hours.

Then we met up with Gareth again and had a delicious dinner at a gluten-free pizzeria! Delicious... I even got a gluten free Twinkie for dessert. We took three subways home, bidding adieu to my new friend Haley, and went to bed. How I managed to not have any major exhaustion breakdowns, we have NO idea.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!