Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hyannis

[As transcribed by Daddy on August 15th]

Mommy and Cool Uncle Gareth and I were up early... I joined my folks in bed last night, pushing Daddy off of the air mattress and onto the dusty hardwood floor. So, we let him sleep in a bit. Mommy and Cool Uncle Gareth went to a local donut shop and brought breakfast back for everyone. After some playing, Daddy and Uncle Gareth and I dropped some stuff off at Kate's apartment... she remembered me from last year and requested that I visit.

We hit the road right around noon, and semi-successfully navigated our way out of New York City and through Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts to Cape Cod (I slept around the end of the drive), and traffic was heavy on-and-off along 95. Once we arrived at our lovely little inn in Hyannis, we unpacked and headed out for a delicious seafood dinner, checked out some local artisans, and went to the local beach - where we played in the sand, collected sea shells, met a nice dog, and had a great time as the sun went down.

As Mommy put it so poetically today - any day that starts with donuts and ends in a lobster roll HAS to be amazing, even of you've been stuck in traffic for most of it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!