Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ptown

[As transcribed by Daddy on August 15th]

My folks and I started the day off with some breakfast and playground playing at the hotel, and then headed eastward for Provincetown. Of course, we ended up hitting unexpected traffic along the way, so it took us a LOT LONGER to get there than we planned for. I can't for the life of me understand why my folks like NPR so much.

Once we got to Provincetown, we spent a long time just looking for parking, as it was insanely busy. We went to a great restaurant for lunch, but we all drank too much lavender lemonade, which was so full of sugar it made us kinda groggy. We walked it off by exploring the main drag, checking out some stores, and searching unsuccessfully for beach access. We ended up going back to the car, and then driving down to a gorgeous, sunny, sandy beach, where I had a blast playing in the water.

Today is my parents' ninth wedding anniversary - we planned to go to a nice romantic restaurant hat catered to those of us with wheat allergies and where I could get a lobster dinner, but couldn't find anything in Wellfleet, Eastham, Dennis, or Harwich. So it was back to Hyannis and the Black Cat for a lovely but very very very late meal.

They probably had to drain the ocean of lobster to make the lobster roll I ate for dinner.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!