Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thank Heavens for Saltwater Taffy

[As transcribed by Daddy]

We were out of our hotel and had the car packed and loaded (goodness, but did we ever buy a lot of books on this trip) and set off for Nana and Jim's temporary NH residence pretty early (after a stop at the donut store for some fuel and horrible customer service). We had a nice visit with them, and then we were off on our way home again, across NH, VT (where we hit a major detour), and New York State, where we stopped for some lunch and more horrible customer service.

The drive across the New York Thruway wasn't too bad, actually… it seemed to go by kinda quickly (when in reality it absolutely did not). We only stopped along the way a few times for bathroom breaks and stuff. I listened to my iPod kinda loud and sang along. I'm also grateful for the saltwater taffy we brought along from Cape Cod, which kept me happy.

We were glad to be back in Toronto just shy of ten hours after we left New Hampshire. I had a quick dinner, visited with Gammy and Grandpa and Nee-Nee, helped my parents unload all of our gear, and went to bed! My own bed!

Listening to: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!