Monday, December 06, 2010

The Gentle Leader

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Today was our second day with Dennis. Overall, it's going really well - he's really nice and we like having him here. He still seems a little bit 'off' - his intestines are a mess and he still seems confused about who we are and why we keep calling him 'Dennis.' Hopefully he'll get used to us, and we'll get used to him. Sometimes he reminds us so much of Basil it's a little shocking (the differences between them are also quite pronounced).

As for me, I had a nasty case of the sniffles, and my nose ran about as much as Dennis seems to be prone to drooling. After lunch we took him to the poet store to buy him a new leash, which attaches to his face and not to his neck. It's called a 'Gentle Leader', but Mommy thinks it should be called the 'Miracle Leash' because her arms are no longer on the verge of being pulled out of their sockets.

Dennis also got to meet Bo, the doggie from next door... the meeting was okay. Bo's never had a relationship with another dog, and Dennis just pressed himself down onto the snowy ground.

Oh yeah - it really snowed today! I drew awesome pictures, made some crafts, and I had a bath!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!