Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

[As transcribed by Daddy]

Mommy and Daddy were really hoping that they could sleep in today, but not me - it was Mommy's birthday! I was so happy and excited for her that I jumped up and down on their bed until she woke up and baked herself (and me) some chocolate chip scones!

Daddy and I gave Mommy her birthday presents. She loved the clothes and jewelry that I picked out for her, plus the cheese grater Daddy got her. At first she was 'iffy' about the Amazon Kindle that he also got for her, but after about ten minutes with it, she really started to enjoy and appreciate it!

After lunch, we drove out to Queen Street West and did a whole bunch of window shopping. We went in and out of paper stores, toy stores, and book stores... and got coffee and stuff. Once we got home, Daddy had a nap, and then we went back out to Relish for a delicious tapas dinner. The cake (which kinda disintegrated due to lemon curd that didn't set properly) looked weird, but tasted great.

I was emotionally on-and-off all day, most likely due to not having had enough sleep due to all of the birthday-related excitement. Which makes my folks nervous about *my* upcoming birthday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!