Monday, June 20, 2011

The Bloodcurdling Scream of Father's Day

At The Top by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy]

Mommy and I spent the morning tidying up the place - and then we woke up Daddy and gave him his Father's Day presents (including reversible shorts!). Soon afterwards, Kristen came over for a delicious outdoor brunch, and then we played Strawberry Shortcake in the backyard while Dennis ate sticks.

Mommy and Daddy and I drove Kristen home, and then drove around downtown... once we got home, we decided that I'd go for a bike ride... which, unfortunately, led to a lot of drama. I had some difficulty controlling the bike, and propelled myself into an emotional spiral of frustration. At one point I kinda lost control of the bike, sending me around a corner and into the street. I screamed a horrifying blood-curdling scream, which my parents will never forget.

Hopefully, we can get back on the bike tomorrow (and every day thereafter), only this time with a clear frame of mind. I'll get there - I've just gotta keep at it and not give up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!