Monday, August 08, 2011

The Asulkan Trail

Asulkan Trail 01 by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy on August 10th]

Mommy and Daddy and I had a lovely breakfast in the smokehouse attached to our hotel first thing in the morning before leaving Golden for parts west. It didn't take us very long for us to arrive in Rogers Pass, which was pretty cool - really busy, but neat. We visited the info centre and then drove over to the site of a major hike that kicked my parents' butts ten years ago.

Now, we didn't go NEARLY as far as they did a decade ago, but we still walked up and up and up for several hours, encountering beautiful scenery and having a fantastic time along the way. My parents were so proud of how well I did! It must have been about 4 or 5 km of walking, all said and done.

We drove to Revelstoke once we were done for a pretty late (but yummy) lunch, and then got stuck in a nasty traffic jam due to a Winnebago driving off of the side of a mountain just outside of Salmon Arm. I got pretty bored, and then fell asleep just in time to miss Mommy and Daddy getting kinda lost in the desert just outside of Kamloops.

Once we arrived in Kamloops, we finally did what I was hoping for, and got dinner at a Subway before going to bed at our motel.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!