Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Pacific Ocean

Pacific Fun by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy on August 13th]

Mommy and Daddy and I went back to Coombs after breakfast, where Daddy bought even more smoked salmon. We packed ourselves a picnic lunch and headed out - we stopped at Cathedral Grove park, where I got to walk around and check out 1000+ year-old giant cedars. It was really cool, although some of the other tourists were kinda annoying us. Anyway, it was great.

Next, we made the very very long and treacherous drive through Port Alberni to Pacific Rim National Park. We ate our lunch at the bog trail - a really weird little hike along an elevated boardwalk, which weaved its way through some pretty alien swampland. It was eerily quiet, but really neat.

Finally, we made the quick drive over to the Pacific Ocean (Wicininnish beach, to be precise). Any worries Mommy and Daddy had about the drive being long and the weather being miserable were put to rest - I had a blast! I ran all over the beach, I played in the sand, and the coolest part - Mommy and I checked out some of the rocky tide pools and got to see anemones, barnacles, kelp, hermit crabs, and all kinds of weird creatures. Amazing!

I snoozed for the long drive back to Errington - we stopped in Coombs again, this time for a lovely Italian dinner. I was exhausted, but thankfully I was subdued and exhausted, and not crazy and exhausted. Another winner of a day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!